Customer service-minded skills/personality required and animal experience preferred. Applicant must love working with people and pets, while taking the initiative to do things without being told. Must be a quick learner and flexible. Position involves high exposure to pets so those with pet allergies should not apply.
Essential Job Duties:
• Provide potential adopters accurate information regarding animal temperament, behavior, age, breed and sex
• Assist potential adopters in the adoption process including the completion of adoption applications
• Review and approve adoption applications, in accordance with adoption policies
• Assist callers with information and contact veterinary clinics
• Administrative duties will include Shelter software data input, general filing, preparation of donor thank you letters, and report preparation
• Promote positive relationships with guests, volunteers and staff while promoting the humane society’s programs, policies and philosophies
• Responsible for responding to emails and phone messages in a timely manner
• Able to troubleshoot and problem solve effectively, while maintaining composure around staff, potential adopters, donors, animals, and volunteers
• Desire to learn dog to dog introduction techniques
• Responsibility for handling cash/credit transactions
Work schedule is as follows (availability during these hours is mandatory to be considered for the position):
• Tuesdays: noon - 7:00 pm
• Wednesdays: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
• Thursdays: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
• Fridays: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
• Saturday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Average of 35 hours a week.
• High school graduate/equivalent or above.
• Previous customer service experience required.
• Previous administrative experience a plus.
• Bookkeeping knowledge useful.
• Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, bend, and kneel for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work with a small team and to be able to communication well with everyone.
• Must be able to push or pull at least 50 pounds for situations of restraining or moving animals.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Proficient computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word/Excel and the ability to type at least 40 words a minute.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Prior animal experience.
• Comfortable with handling dogs, cats, and small animals (rats, hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits, etc.)
Please submit resume to apply no later than Friday, September 6, 2019.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers